Our Mission

Stocking Athletics provides expert training and instruction for both athletes training for sports and the everyday person looking to increase their fitness levels. 


We take athletic training and make it accessible for our clients. Whether you are a professional athlete  looking to develop more power, explosiveness  and speed, or  a stay at home mom looking to get back into your high school jeans, we can teach you the right way to train based on your individual fitness level and experience. 


Monday, July 12, 2010

CA State Games + Training "Partners"


I did the California State Games this past weekend. I actually had the best meet I have ever had! I made all my attempts and felt really strong, even though it was at 9 am in the morning! I am very happy. I wish I could have lifted more weight, but I really can't complain at all.  JUST HAVE TO GET STRONGER and work on the weak points I see and feel.

I have been soo frustrated with Snatching lately that I just wanted to get this meet over with and do a training cycle where I concentrate on powerlifting, and get to bench and deadlift. I have been planning this. It is not a spur of the moment decision.  Even though you know I can't not snatch! but it will be nice not to have it stress me out. Damn my long arms and mushy elbows! lol.

I have been snatching the same weight for years and have been trying to snatch 70 kilos in competition for about 1.5 years. I have been coaching myself for the past 6-3 months, based on what I have learned from my past coaches, and have also had a bunch of personal issues, or rather changes for the better!  I have a whole bunch of awesome people in my life right now. I feel like I can finally get on with my life.

I love training alone and have never had a training "partner." I don't want someone to follow me (or I follow them) around and lift the same sets and reps and weights and whatnot. blah blah blah.  I want to go at my own crazy ass pace and/or chill pace and take my rest periods how I want. I do, however, really like lifting with a "team" especially a team that has the same attitude that I do. They don't even have to do the same sport. I really liked working out at the same time as the UCLA Throwers! hell yeah! or even the ucla football team, because when you see people lift more weight than you, you (or I) want to train harder and faster and longer.  I love training at Gold's gym! I can do whatever crazy thing I want and no one gives a shit because 80% of the people are outta their freaking minds! Lifting with pro bodybuilders and fitness models make me love Strength Sports even more! but we both are sorta outta our minds and so we all get along. =)

But when I think about it, many, many people have had an influence on me and I have lifted with some pretty amazing people. It is pretty amazing that I can call International Level Athletes from other countries my friends. Thanks to UCLA Athletics. I have so many resources and friends that I can turn to for Weightlifting help, advice and support and that really gives me confidence and makes me feel like everything will turn out OK.

What I love most about Powerlifting and Weightlifting is that while you are competing against others, it really is an individual sport and you can really only lift what you can lift. Even if you "Want It", if you are not strong enough or fast enough or most likely SKILLED enough, you won't "get it." If your competition makes lift and beats you, you still cheer and are happy for them because you know how hard it is to improve and whatnot.




3 comments:

Laurie said...

You really are my hero. I know you get frustrated but you have this drive that you don't see very often. You motivate me even if you don't feel very motivated yourself. Don't every stop being you!! <3

Christina Stocking said...

Aww thanks Laurie!! and I am YOUR numero uno fan! xoxoxo

Esther Meguerditchian said...

Hi Christina, I just saw your video and I am completely amazed at your strength.

Love,

Esther

P.S. I want to go to Easter Island too.