Our Mission

Stocking Athletics provides expert training and instruction for both athletes training for sports and the everyday person looking to increase their fitness levels. 


We take athletic training and make it accessible for our clients. Whether you are a professional athlete  looking to develop more power, explosiveness  and speed, or  a stay at home mom looking to get back into your high school jeans, we can teach you the right way to train based on your individual fitness level and experience. 


Sunday, July 11, 2010

a fire in my heart.

When you are pursuing a hobby, sport, or whatever and love it with your whole heart and soul, you can't live and pursue it by other people's or the general norm's "rules".  
Even though my passion is weightlifting and strength training to be the absolute strongest girl (er, woman, now I guess) I can be, while still being in shape and not fat, this applies to any passion one has. I know a few people that go their own way and make their own rules and stay true to them no matter what other people say. And they inspire me. I am lucky enough to know quite a few badass chicks (and dudes and family!) and see them quite frequently in the gym, or outside the gym. Unmotivated people will always be jealous of those with drive, motivation and a fire in their heart and will say things to put the other person down or make them seem "crazy", or "obsessed." Whatever. 


Like crabs in a bucket that try to keep the leaders of the pack from escaping, the passionless people will try to bring others down with them with their backhanded compliments, obnoxious questions, and just plain rudeness. Similar to people that have drinking or drug problems and try to pressure others to join them in their destructive behavior.  


When you finally find and discover the activity that you love so much it makes your heart hurt if it is taken away from you, and you would make any sacrifice to have in your life, then you have found your motivation to always work hard and give everything you got. its not even a question. 


My brother Greg loves Jiu-Jitsu and drives to Davis every sunday to train with a certain group of people, even though he lives about 2 hours away. He has taken his time to get his second degree black belt, testing soon, to make sure that he knows and is completely competent in all the techniques and whatnot because he really respects the art and being able to teach it to others. 


My mom is virtually unstoppable! She stopped working for 20 ( ! ) years to raise my two brothers and I, then went BACK to school after 20 years, got a new Masters Degree and fought hard to get an awesome job at the FDA. Now she goes to work everyday for a job she loves, keeps getting more and more responsibilities because she is so amazing, and travels all over the world; like England, for work and for fun; like Lebanon and around the USA all the time. Now...if I could only get her to workout....=)


I did quite a few things before I found lifting and when I found lifting I felt like a door had been opened and that I could FINALLY BE ME! I finally felt like I had come home. It was amazing. I do not understand why some people need "motivation" to work hard, train hard, and give 100% for each and every lift. I TRAIN EVERY DAY LIKE ITS MY LAST. Because it very well could be. If I get hit by a car or whatever, I want to die knowing that I left all I had on the platform, or in the squat rack. To me it is Obvious. I love to work hard at what I love and the thought of quitting half way though or half assing it is incomprehensible to me. Its disgusting to me. If you need to have all this outside motivation, then QUIT, stop complaining, and find something that DRIVES you! 


Don't ever let anyone take away your passion, drive, or self-confidence. If they do and try to stop you or make you feel "guilty" or "shameful" for trying to pursue what you love, then screw 'em. They aren't your real friends and they don't really give a shit about you. And if you can't give the same respect to others then you are a selfish friend, girl/boyfriend, husband, wife, family member.  

Mangaia Cook Islands

Today there is Solar Eclipse as well...nice! This is a live image from the Mangaia Cook Islands. It will also be very visible over EASTER ISLAND, which I am sort of obsessed with and want to visit!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When you're ready to visit the islands, let me know. I would love to join you.