Our Mission

Stocking Athletics provides expert training and instruction for both athletes training for sports and the everyday person looking to increase their fitness levels. 


We take athletic training and make it accessible for our clients. Whether you are a professional athlete  looking to develop more power, explosiveness  and speed, or  a stay at home mom looking to get back into your high school jeans, we can teach you the right way to train based on your individual fitness level and experience. 


Monday, January 31, 2011

Fit Expo Bench and Deadlift Invitational

This past weekend I had the honor of competing with some of the strongest ladies in the USA in the US Powerlifting Association's Fit Expo Bench and Deadlift Invitation Meet.

It was very fun, I had a blast even though I lifted Raw (no gear, just a belt), so my numbers, especially in my bench were way below most of the other ladies. My raw deadlift was about in the middle of the class. I weighted in at 141lbs and lifted in the 148 lb class. My powerlifting buddy Emilio from back in the day handed off and handled me, then he had to go for his softball game and Justin Lovato helped me with my deadlift. The slaps helped, thanks man! It was a huge crowd and lots of my golds gym buddies stopped by, hung out and cheered for me! it was soo cool! I was not nervous at all, I mean, its just for fun, right!?

In the Middle Weight (132,148, 165 pound) classes, I came in 3'd in the Bench and 3'd in the Deadlift out of 5 girls. Which is cool b/c I lifted raw, no bench shirt, no deadlift suit.

What I realized is that I am a way better Olympic Weightlifter than Powerlifter. I was one of the tallest girls there, definatly the tallest in my weight class! I realize that I love WL more than PL, but PL will ALWAYS  hold a special place in my heart and I know I will always be hitting up some PL meets! I love that I can't be pinned down as one or the other! I also love that I lift at "The Mecca of Bodybuilding!" I love combining aspects from all three sports to benefit each other.

I also met Olympian Cara Heads, which as very cool!! what an humble, amazing athlete and classy lady!

Thanks to Steve Chen, Max, and Larry for taking video and pics! My friend Larry lent me his mom's (how cool is that!?) old belt for DL in!




3 comments:

Laurie said...

Way to go Christina!! You rock!!!

Christina Stocking said...

thanks Laurie!!

Mandla said...

Wow, I didn't know you competed in PL too. I thought you were strictly OL. I will have to keep an eye on both types of competitions you might be entered in. That's cool, now I'll have someone to cheer for when I go. I'd seen you train in PL movements but I just thought they were part of your OL training program, which I guess they are. Not sure I understand why you got "reds" on bench presses 1 & 3.
Nice meeting you @ Gold's last Saturday.